About SharePoint 2010
Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2010 is a new server program that is part of the 2010 Microsoft Office system. Your organization can use SharePoint Server 2010 to facilitate collaboration, provide content management features, implement business processes, and supply access to information that is essential to organizational goals and processes. A single, integrated location empowering your employees to collaborate, find organizational resources, search for experts, manage content & workflow and leverage business insight to make better-informed decisions.
Using SharePoint 2010, your people can set up Web sites to share information with others, manage documents from start to finish, and publish reports to help everyone make better decisions. SharePoint functionality includes:
- Sites - SharePoint 2010 Sites provides a single infrastructure for all of your business Web sites. Share documents with colleagues, manage projects with partners, and publish information to customers.
- Communities - SharePoint 2010 Communities delivers great collaboration tools - and a single platform to manage them. Make it easy for people to share ideas and work together the way they want.
- Composites - SharePoint 2010 Composites offers tools and components for creating do-it-yourself business solutions. Build no-code solutions to rapidly respond to business needs.
- Content - SharePoint 2010 Content makes content management easy. Set up compliance measures "behind the scenes" - with features like document types, retention policies, and automatic content sorting - and then let people work naturally in Microsoft Office.
- Insights - SharePoint 2010 Insights gives everyone access to the information in databases, reports, and business applications. Help people locate the information they need to make good decisions.
- Search - SharePoint 2010 Search cuts through the clutter. A unique combination of relevance, refinement, and social cues helps people find the information and contacts they need to get their job done.